Friday, May 25, 2012

38 Week Update

I can't believe that I just wrote that blog post title.

38 weeks down and just two weeks to go until the due date! We are so excited around our house and our families are stoked as well. This is certainly the most anticipated and exciting event I have ever been a part of in my life--and that's including the Braves winning the 1995 World Series, which I played a vital role in.

This picture shows what our baby may look like at this point and not a day goes by where I don't get to feel the baby move. We can feel so much movement and so much of the baby as it squirms around in its cozy, temporary home.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about all the things that are seemingly uncertain in my life.

What do I want to be when I "grow up"? How do I want to be remembered? What type of impact will I leave? Where will my career path lead my family and I?

So much uncertainty and it can be so overwhelming.

But in the midst of all the uncertainty comes a tiny assurance that everything is just fine. When drowning in uncertainty of the future, I feel the certain movements of my baby. I feel the certain life that we've created. I feel the certain, unconditional love for a human that I've never met as a physical father.

When the uncertainty drowns out opportunities and attitudes, there is a certain mini-Flan bringing me a certain joy.

While I don't know what the future holds and while I'm sure there will be much more uncertainty to follow.

I know this for certain: I will have my very own little family to stand next to me and face anything that comes our way.

If the time I get to spend with my baby after he/she is born is anything like the wonderful time I've been able to spend these first 38 weeks, then I will consider myself extremely blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment